The most common barrier to entry of most businesses getting on social media is “what happens if people post content or comments we don’t like”.
2. Publish it on your website and on all your social media profiles;
3. Refer to the guidelines whenever someone comments or posts inappropriately on your social media profiles.
Obviously you’d want to consult your legal advisors when putting together any organisational policies that may have legal implications, but you could use a simple one like Ergon Energy’s to get you started.
To ensure everyone feels welcome, please keep in mind our guidelines:
1. Respect others – Please only publish comments and posts that are NOT offensive, obscene or hurtful.
2. Protect privacy – Please don’t share yours or other people’s personal information on our timeline.
3. Keep on topic – Please only publish comments and posts that are relevant to the topic of this page or current conversations.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to delete any posts or comments that don’t comply with our guidelines, or which we otherwise feel are inappropriate, overly self-promotional or spammy and we will block users if required.
Content posted by our followers/fans on our page does not represent the official views of this business.
Contact us directly if you have any questions regarding these guidelines.
Thank you for visiting our page and we look forward to connecting with you!