We provide workshops, one-on-one coaching and corporate training in social networking to promote your business.
Below are details of current and future workshops. If you are interested in one-on-one coaching or group/corporate training, contact us.
Current Social Media Workshops
We are proud to be able to present the following HANDS-ON Workshops:
Links to Registration Form Current Workshops:
- TBA – LinkedIn: Optimise Your Profile to Reach New Clients
- TBA – YouTube – Promoting your Business with Video
- TBA – Facebook for Beginners – learn the basics; settings and privacy
- TBA – Facebook – Create Your Business Page Timeline and Engage New Customers
- TBA – Twitter – Learn to Tweet for Business
- TBA – Social Media Marketing for Business Overview (Review Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn)
- TBA – Google Locations/Places and Yelp – Online Directories for Local Business Promotion
- Run when we have interest – Advanced Facebook for Your Business – email to register your interest and we’ll run a small workshop
- Run when we have interest – Create a WordPress Blog Website for Your Business – email to register your interest and we’ll run a small workshop
LinkedIn – Optimise Your Profile to Reach New Clients (Beginner/Intermediate) – 3 hours hands-on
- Setup and customise your own professional profile and company profile;
- Learn how you can use LinkedIn to promote yourself and your business, locally and globally.
Facebook – Create Your Business Page and Engage New Customers (Beginner/Intermediate) – 3 hours hands-on
- Setup and customise your own Facebook Business Page;
- Learn how to use Facebook to create a tribe of loyal fans and to promote your products and services to over 700m people;
- Create a Facebook Management Strategy and measure Facebook ROI
Social Media Marketing for Business (Introductory – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Intro to Google+) – 7 hours hands-on
- Setup and customise your own channels in these 3 platforms;
- Create a Social Media Marketing Plan and strategy;
- Discover how to engage and interact through social networks to create a buzz about your product or service.
WordPress Blog Websites for Business (Beginner/Intermediate) – 2 x 3 hours or 7 hours hands-on
- Setup and customise your own WordPress blog website;
- Learn how to use your blog to compliment your social media strategy and to drive traffic to your business;
- Understand how to create blog content that search engines love.
Future Social Media Workshops:-
Introductory 1-Day Course – Promote Your Business Using The Top 4 Social Media Channels
In this one-day course you’ll get hands-on experience with the top 4 social media channels including creating, managing and distributing social content for the purpose of promoting your business.
- An overview of the top 4 channels used in social media campaigns;
- An understanding of the purpose, best practices and etiquette of social networking;
- Experience by creating and working on your real accounts in the 4 most popular channels;
- Create a basic Social Media Marketing Management Plan.
This is an introductory course. The topics covered by this course are by no means extensive; each topic alone would warrant days of training to cover all facets, however, we will endeavour to cover the most important points with special attention to how they can work to promote your business:
Introduction to Blogs; Different ways to create a Blog; Create a Gmail Account; Creating good content for your Blog; Introduction to content SEO – Google Keywords. (Samples of what advanced features can be applied not covered in this course.)
Introduction to YouTube; Create a YouTube account; Create a video for YouTube; Upload Video to YouTube; Linking and Embedding videos in your own website/blog; Sharing Videos in Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. (Samples of what advanced features can be applied not covered in this course.)
What is Facebook; Who uses Facebook; How can Facebook benefit a business; Understanding the Facebook environment; Create your business Page; Customise your Page; Add an Avatar; Search and Like other Pages; Upload pictures and videos; Overview of Facebook Applications; Promote your Page; Introduction to Facebook Advertising; Create a Facebook Event; Create and embed a “LIKE” button on your website/blog; Create a custom “Follow us on Facebook” button for your email signature, website/blog. (Samples of what advanced features can be applied not covered in this course.)
Introduction to Twitter; Understanding a Tweet; Sign up for a Twitter account; Add a profile image; Find people to Follow; Adding followers to your account; Using Twitter Badges; Creating a Tweet; Getting your message out in 140 characters or less; Re-tweeting; Sharing Links – Using short URLs; Direct Messages; Building a Twitter Tribe. (Samples of what advanced features can be applied not covered in this course.)
Introduction to LinkedIn; Benefits of a LinkedIn account; Create a LinkedIn account; Build your network; Join Groups; Using LinkedIn Applications. (Samples of what advanced features can be applied not covered in this course.)
Overview of a Social Media Marketing Plan
Overview of what you should include in your social media marketing plan; Identify your target audience; Define the Goals of your campaign; Engage your Customers; Decide on the platforms and tools to use; Create Social Media guidelines for dealing with negative interaction; Interacting with your customers.
Overview of Measuring the Success of Social Media Marketing
Overview of some of the ways you can measure effectiveness of social media campaigns. (Facebook Insights; Google Analytics and others).
Course: Who Should Apply
This course is ideally suited to micro and small business owners who will be managing their own social media campaigns, but would also be beneficial to individuals wanting to learn more about social media in general.
You should have intermediate computer skills and ideally already have a Facebook personal Profile. (If you don’t have a personal account on Facebook, contact us for instructions to complete this prior to the course commencing.)
A date for this workshop has not been set. Email Tracy@TownsvilleSocialMediaMarketing.com to add your name to the waiting list.
To be advised.
This course will commence at 9am sharp and conclude at 5pm. There will be 2 x 15 minutes breaks and 30 mins break for lunch. Morning Tea, Afternoon Tea and Lunch will be supplied.
Application for this Course is available immediately by emailing Tracy@TownsvilleSocialMediaMarketing.com.
- Laptops – You should bring your own laptop, however, hire computers will be available for an additional fee. Please advise upon enrolment whether you require a hire computer. (Internet access will be available at no extra charge).
- Email Access – You will require access to your emails on the day to confirm account registrations.
- Logins and Passwords – You will require your login and password details of any social media channels that you have already setup, as well as for your website or blog. (We encourage you to work on your actual social media platforms, not on samples).
- Content/Articles, Images, Videos to be used as content for posts. An email will be sent to you when you register containing the details of what to bring with you.
$330 (GST inclusive) – After registration, a tax invoice will be sent. Payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Fees must be paid before the course begins.
About The Presenters
Townsville Social Media Marketing is a group of individuals that have been providing social media and internet marketing services for a number of local businesses over the past 6 months. However, prior to that each partner separately has had extensive experience in the online world, including website creation; search engine content optimisation; internet marketing and technology in business.
Learn more about Social Media and us… click “LIKE” and follow us on Facebook.