WordPress Website Workshops
Need a basic website? Looking at creating your own website?
This is a step-by-step workshop that will walk you through building your own website on your domain address using a program called WordPress. This is a low-tech workshop, if you can use Microsoft Word you will be able to complete this workshop and publish your WordPress Website.
Who is this Workshop for?
- Small businesses / startups / bloggers
- Want to be hands-on in the creation of their website
- Only have a small budget to create a basic website for now
- Interested in learning how to manage WordPress
Outcome: At the end of the workshop you will have a published website branded to your business with 5 basic pages and the skills to edit and add more content, and gain an understanding of on-page search engine optimisation.
Details: The software I will be walking you through to create your website is WordPress.org, a content management system that allows you to easily build and manage your own website with no need to learn complex code. WordPress.org is used by around 25% of all websites on the internet, it’s flexible and will grow with your business. WordPress is easy to upgrade and and additional functionality. BONUS Google search loves wordpress websites ♥ ♥
Cost: $550 per person (or 2 people working on same website on same laptop)
- First year website hosting (included value $110)
- Domain name of your choice registration (included value $22)
- Pre-installed WordPress.org CMS (included value $110)
- Access to royalty free stock images at the workshop (included value over $49)
- Morning Tea, Light Lunch, Afternoon Tea
- Limited 6 students to ensure everyone gets support
- BONUS we will allow 2 people to attend if they are working on the same website and on one laptop
- 30 minutes post-course telephone/email support to help you with any problems you have (value $88)
- You will need intermediate computer skills and experience. If you can use Microsoft Word you will be able to manage your WordPress Website.
- Bring your own laptop (internet will be supplied)
- You will need to spend some time before the course collecting information for your website. A pre-course workbook will be provided with a list of images and content you need to bring with you.
What this Workshop will not cover?
- This is not a website creation course, you will not learn how to create websites for other people, although it will give you good hands-on experience in WordPress.org.
- We can’t guarantee that your completed website will be found in Google search, this will take time, effort and content. We will however, teach you ways to improve your chances of being found for your keywords in search engines.
- This workshop will not help you create a complex website – website development is a career that takes a long time to learn and master – however the website you create from this workshop will look and feel professional, just without a lot of bells and whistles.
- This workshop is a limited time event, if you don’t complete the website within the time, then we can provide additional assistance at an hourly rate.
- If you’re looking for a basic ecommerce website, if we get time, we may be able to cover that, but this will depend on other students and time available.
Do you have any questions about what is covered in the workshop? Email me: Tracy@TownsvilleSocialMediaMarketing.com